Tuesday 14 October 2008

3rd year

This September I started my final year at Kingston University studying Product and Furniture Design. We started the year with a series of 5 one week projects, each focusing on a slightly different context. We had projects based solely on brands, user needs and manufacturing processes.
For the manufacturing process project we were in groups, and each group given a process. Our process was slip casting. I had limite
d previous knowledge on slip casting, so I found this a really interesting and insightful project. We even attempted to slip cast something ourself- which turned out quite well. We learnt how we could manipulate the clay after being cast, along with many other qualities. Below are some images of slip casting that I really like and inspired me on the project.



This is an image of the jar that we slip cast.

No comments: